Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Slouchy Boot Week

Bit of a bumper week, with five (!) outfits posted. And I managed to hit my weekly objective of using an item that hasn't been worn for ages: the overknee boots. So five outfits and four pairs of boots - makes a change...

Warehouse jacket All Saints Mini Skirt Suede overknee boots
I've had these boots in my wardrobe for years and I rather like them. I think suede and slouchy is the way to go if you want to do thigh high boots in a classy way. Only problem is that one of them keeps slouching down - and the other one doesn't. Ah well, can't have everything... 
Top: Hallhuber 
Skirt: AllSaints
Jacket: Warehouse
Boots: somewhere in the back of my wardrobe... no idea where I bought them originally...

Mexx dress
This dark green plain dress with pleather trim and pockets (I love pockets in a dress, don't you just love pockets?!) makes this necklace really stand out. There actually used to be a chain strand on the necklace, which i had to chop off as it got hopelessly tangled up. 
Dress: Mexx 
Necklace: ZARA

Whistles dress M&S boots
Love this slouchy Whistles dress. It's only thin t-shirt material so I always layer over opaques and black long sleeve top. The Vivienne Westwood inspired boots work really well with it, I think.
Dress: Whistles
Cardigan: H&M
Boots: Marks and Spencer
Necklace: ZARA

Zara pleather dress Stella and Dot necklace
I'm so totally behind posting these! Normally not a fan of pleather (bit of a leather snob) but this one feels lovely - and it's animal cruelty free. Thought it might be a bit too much with the necklace but I must have had the most compliments that day I ever had on any outfit - and all from girls (which are the best kind of compliments if you like clothes). 
Dress: ZARA 
Top worn underneath: Next 
Boots: Zara 
Necklace: Stella & Dot

Jesire dress Zara necklace
A few things about this dress:
1. It's at least 6 years old.
2. It's from Jesire, a high street label that went bust in around 2011. Kate Middleton was seen wearing a few of their pieces soon after and there were speculations that it could be saved but it then just disappeared.
3. The print totally makes it. They had a simple grey one as well and when I tried that on it looked so "bla".
4. One of its nicest features is hidden: two long "scarves"/ kind of tie shaped thingies hanging down the back. I tried to capture them a few times but just can't.
5. I think this was the first dress/skirt with pockets I ever bought - and I was hooked.
So there, 5 things before 9 you really didn't need to know...
Dress: Jesire
Necklace: ZARA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...