Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Less wear, more wish


I can't remember when exactly I came across Audrey Kawasaki and her art for the first time but I remember that I loved her pieces right form the beginning.

Art Nouveau references, oil painted on wood and images that are somewhere between weird and wonderful. 
"...both innocent and erotic... attractive yet disturbing... manga comics and Art Nouveau... sharp graphic imagery ... combined with ... natural grain of ... wood panels"





all images Audrey Kawasaki


I couldn't put it any better than the artist herself (or whoever presents her so eloquently on her website), hence me quoting.

Anyway, I have been lusting after a tangible piece of her work ever since but have always managed to miss the limited editions sale or been hopelessly outbid on ebay. The great news is that she has 

a) opened a sale on an open edition print and I really hope that she will release some of her back catalogue in that way 

and (even better) that

b) Hint Mint will be releasing a limited edition set of tins.

The tins will be releaed later this year and I can't wait. I will just have to find a way to keep using them after the mints are all gone. Maybe as a business card holder..?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...